List available desktop files under
- To list available folders, run :
gsettings get org.gnome.desktop.app-folders folder-children.
- To get the content of the Sundry folder, run :
gsettings get org.gnome.desktop.app-folders.folder:/org/gnome/desktop/app-folders/folders/Sundry/ apps.
- To add a new folder called New-folder, run :
gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.app-folders folder-children "['Utilities', 'Sundry', 'PlayOnLinux', 'New-folder']"
- Create a new .desktop file like :
Name=New folder Name
- Add a folder name to the new folder with :
gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.app-folders.folder:/org/gnome/desktop/app-folders/folders/New-folder/ name "New-folder.desktop"
- To add applications into the new folder, run :
gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.app-folders.folder:/org/gnome/desktop/app-folders/folders/New-folder/ apps "['abc.desktop', 'xyz.desktop']"
If you need to add a new desktop entry into a existing folder, do not forget to add again all the content of the folder in addition to the new entry.